Search This Blog

Sunday 31 July 2016

Steal the Style..

I literally cannot get over the amount of views I got on my previous post "The weigh to go" it has been one of my highest reached posts so far, which really surprised me. So since my views went through the roof I decided that I would do a follow up post this week. This time something a little more casual suitable for everyday wear.

As I've previously said, I always get complemented about the clothes that I wear, and I can assure you that 100% of the time they're from Penney's !! I'm not a tracksuit type of girl, as generally anything baggy doesn't suit the build of my body and it just makes me uncomfortable in general, although I did find a really great pair of tummy controlling leggings in Penneys for just €11 so when I want to have a chill out day there my fave.

99% of the time I wear skinny jeans, but it took me FOREVER to find the perfect pair that fit both on the waist and the leg, as not only am I curvy I am also quite short so it makes it 10 times harder to find jeans that are the perfect fit. Lucky enough, I discovered that River Island do 3 different length in jeans Short, Regular, and Long leg so that's the length sorted but now the ultimate question, which jeans will be comfortable on my waist? I done my research last year after wasting money on jeans that just didn't suit my figure, and after trying about 4-5 different types the Molly jeans in River Island became my best friend. The Molly jeans are quite stretchy and they're also high waist so they keep you nice and snug whilst hugging your figure, the only down side is Molly jeans are €55 a pair.   I have them in white, denim and black. I found my black ones faded quite fast ( but then I used to live in them).

When my black Mollys ripped a month ago I honestly didn't know what I was going to do, first world problems or what , right? I'm not working at the minute so I obviously don't have €55 to splash on jeans so for the first week or two I just wore denims and I won't lie I survived but I did miss my good reliable black jeans! I popped into Penneys one day and decided to check out all the types of jeans that they had to offer and guess what? I found a Penneys version of River Island Molly's!! The ones I found have the same stretch and the same high waist, the only thing that differs is the material its a tiny bit lighter than the River Island jeans but they are still so comfy, and a bonus that they are only €11 which makes a massive difference to €55.

Anyway, enough about the jeans, the main reason I'm writing this post is to show all of you lovely ladies and gents if your reading, that you create outfits from High Street stores for just a fraction of the price, While dressing head to toe in Penney's clothes (apart from my roshes of course).I've used the same items of clothing in both these outfits with only substituting my bomber for something a little more suitable for daytime when the weather is too clammy to be wearing a jacket.

My clothes from Penneys that you can create two looks with.
Khaki Green Bomber Jacket €19
Denim shirt- €11
Black Jeans -€11
White/Silver Own It T-shirt- €6
Scarf-  €4
Total: €51

Steal the Style with River Island clothes.
Khaki Green Bomber Jacket €60
Denim Shirt €45
Black Jeans €55
White/Gold Your Dreams T-shirt €25
Scarf €17
Total: €202

As you can see the River Island outfits are 4 times the price of the Penneys outfits that I created during the week. The only difference in the outfits is the quality of the material which can make a huge difference to a curvy gal but for clothes that you are going to wear just for everyday wear I definitely wouldn't pass Penney's,although I do tend to shop from the likes of New Look or River Island for occasion wear as it does tend to have a better fit for my curves .That's all for now! But I'm heading to Dublin on Thursday so I'll keep my eye out for some more Style Steals. I hope you enjoyed reading this weeks post.
Until Next Time,
Much Love,
Caoimhe x


No comments:

Post a Comment