Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2016

The Reality of M.E

I don't even know where to begin with this weeks blog post! It was a week full of mixed emotions. I'll start with the positive moments from the week, I'm sure the form isn't the best of a Monday evening so I'll try not to make it any worse. Anyway, if you follow my regular updates on my Facebook page "It's all about M.E" you will now be aware that I have won the #GalaxyStyle competition and I will be working with Frockadvisor as a Fashion Reporter for this years Dublin Fashion Festival during the month of September.   I've shared it enough on all of my social media accounts so I'm nearly 100% positive that you've seen it by now but you never know... Anyway I still can't put into words how thrilled I am to be given an opportunity like this at such an early stage of my career, it's literally a dream come through. I started my blog  back in April for the simple reason that I wanted to keep myself mentally active. So winning a competition just 3 months into blogging is a massive self achievement and something I will always be proud of myself for.

As you can imagine my phone has been hopping non stop  since the news got out on several social media  platforms, which I won't complain about as the views on my blog posts have gone through the roof from all of the publicity that my blog has been getting from both Galaxy Ireland and Frockadvisor. Since the word got out that I was the winner of the competition it has already opened so many doors that lead to new opportunities, I have had several bloggers contact me on Twitter  and on Facebook to congratulate me and they also gave me great feedback on my blog.

 Not only have I been contacted by bloggers last Friday evening, amid the numerous Facebook and Twitter notifications I received a private message from the lovely Louise Breslin fromthe  Laveesha Jewellery range.  She messaged me to say that she would like to send me  some new bits from her latest jewellery collection to wear for Dublin Fashion Festival. As you can imagine I greatly accepted her offer and I am now waiting in anticipation to see the fabulous pieces of jewellery that will arrive in the post over the coming weeks, but in the meantime why not click on the links to her facebook page--> Laveesha or Instagram account--->Laveesha and check out some of the fab bits and pieces that she has for sale.

At this point it seems like things really couldn't get any better right..? Unfortunately, when you suffer with M.E you have to wait for the big bang right  back down to earth. I spoke a few weeks back about how I suffered with my stomach lately, shortly after I posted my blog post discussing all things stomach related I stumbled upon several articles online discussing that new studies show that it is now proven that M.E patients have an abnormal bacteria which is found in the gut that causes several gastrointestinal problems, so as I said it's just something that you have to get used to and power on through each day but I normally carry tablets or my good old reliable gaviscon in my handbag everywhere I go just for emergencies.As you can imagine I was on cloud 9 the past week with the excitment of everything that I neglected my body and I was on the go non stop from Thursday-Saturday, I just couldn't sit down and relax.

I was looking so forward to spending my whole Saturday with my Mam and Dad as I don't do it as often as I used to. I woke up did my usual Saturday morning routine, shower, make- up , do my hair and get dressed, everything still going to plan until all of sudden my eyesight started to  go blurry, my head started pounding, I obviously just presumed that the lack of sleep had caught up with me, so back to bed I went. My head literally hadn't hit the pillow when  I began vomiting.   I spent a solid 10 hours vomiting non stop. I had obviously caught the stomach bug. This is the first time that I've been properly sick in months and it has really knocked me back, 2 days later I am still extremely weak and every single muscle in my stomach is torn.  I literally can't even laugh without been in pain, it will take me 2 weeks or more to strengthen up my immune system again to be back to myself . I think some people look at me and think that there isint a single thing wrong with me,but I can assure you when you see photos of me online I have a full face of make up on.   I have found the best lighting in the house (usually you'll find me in front of my sitting room window, such good lighting there ) and also I have probably taken 20-30 photos before Im satisfied,for example here's two photos of me there's roughly 7 hours in the difference and this sums up M.E to a tee.   As I have said multiple times M.E is an invisible illness where many people do suffer in silence, lucky enough I have so much support and love surrounding me that I'm able to get up and on with my life and well I love playing around with make- up so I always have the bags under my eyes covered up..
Thats all for now,I just wanted to show you that M.E doesn't go away over night, and it won't ever go away over night, you simply just have to get up and get on with your life, and the main thing is to  find the right balance that will allow you to do so, and like everything it just takes time so be patient. I could stay in bed and feel sorry for myself everyday of the week but if I did I would never get any of the opportunities that I have gotten so far . "Challenges are what make life interesting,  Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful".. I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I'd love to hear your feedback.. Until Next Time..
Much Love,
Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment