Search This Blog

Sunday 10 July 2016

The WEIGH to go..!

Do you struggle to find the right outfit for an upcoming occasion/event? well don't you worry as I can assure you that you are definitely not alone. I honestly think ,no matter what size or shape you are it can be quite tricky to find the perfect outfit. Weight is always something that I have struggled with and will always struggle with, I literally only have to look at a bar of chocolate and it goes straight to my hips. Growing up with a fabulous group of girl friends who were all in or around size 8 and the most beautiful sister who was also size 8 was quite daunting as I was always the heaviest out of my circle of friends. During the early teenage years is when been heavier than the rest of my friends mostly affected me, the little things like not been able to share clothes with your friends for discos, or going shopping with all of your friends and not been able to buy the same things as them as they weren't in your size, it was like the end of the world at the time,  first world problems or what !. As upsetting as it was I thankfully didn't try and harm my body by fitting in with my gorgeous gal pals, I just accepted what was and learned how to find clothes suitable for my shape.  I didn't try and beat myself into a size 8 dress when realistically it would of probably only fit my arm.

Although I'm quite a curvy gal I've always loved staying up to date with the latest fashion trends, which can be extremely hard as nowadays  the "In thing " is that bodycon material, which isn't very flattering if you are a curvy lady as the material can be quite clingy. Of course there's a wide range of shapewear available nowadays that can allow you to wear something a little bit tighter than usual as it will pull you in, in the places where you may feel conscious about, but personally its not something I'm fond of as I'd rather find something that I'm comfortable in.  I try to keep my shapewear for emergencies when I really can't find anything else to wear so its my last resort as I just don't personally feel comfortable in it. I've always been so lucky that I have such a helpful mother who has always told me straight out what  suited me and didn't suit me when I was growing up and I'd like to think that because of her, I now know what type of clothes to look for when I go into a clothes shop, having someone who will be 100% honest with you is all you need she is the reason that I've never tried to fit in where I didn't belong.  My mother always said "size is only a number, it is better to look good in an outfit rather than being beaten into it".

 I wanted to show all of you that you can be curvy and still stay up to date with the latest fashion trends, you just have to find what is going to suit you! Take the outfit that I've attached below for example, A bodycon midi dress from river island, as I've said a bodycon dress will expose any little curve you have but that's not to say that curvy ladies cant wear them, its just figuring out the correct way to wear it. Personally I carry most of my weight on my lower tummy area and my hips, they're the two areas that I'm most conscious about so therefore, I themed this black river island  bodycon dress with a sleeveless waist coat from Penny's - therefore camouflaging my hips as the waist coat flows straight down over my hips and my curves were hidden , I am also quite short so I find adding a tiny heel to an outfit gives you a little boost as I just feel so stumpy when wearing flats, so I picked  up these fab black peep toe sandals in river island to complete the look, such a comfortable yet dressy outfit.!
Dress €18 - River Island Sale
Waist Coat €9- Penney's
Shoes €20- River Island Sale.
Necklace €6- Penney's
This whole entire look cost me €53, and each item can be worn with so many other different outfits.

I'm well aware that I'm not the only girl to grow up being extremely conscious of my weight and I'm aware that I wont be the last, but my aim for this post is to help even one person who may feel like I felt throughout my teenage years so far. I'm not an expert in dealing with curves/weight by any means but I have had quite a lot of experience with it. over the past few years.If you can take one thing from this post please, please, please realise that every single person is a different shape or size, not one single person on this earth is the exact same. Don't change yourself just to fit in, be your own person and do your own thing and just remember....

I hope you've enjoyed reading this weeks blog post I'd love to hear your feedback from it as its something I'd like to start posting about on a more regular basis, Don't forget I'm heading to Dublin next weekend for -James Butlers Masterclass, I cant wait to fill you in on all of the antics. Don't forget to follow all my updates on my Facebook page -It's All About M.E Until next Time.
Much Love,
Caoimhe x


No comments:

Post a Comment