Search This Blog

Thursday 8 June 2017

Our stay at The Heritage Killenard ..

THE HERITAGE KILLENARD
So A week later I'm finally getting around to writing about our night awny the 5* Heritage Hotel Killenard. If I was to only use one word to sum it up, it would be AMAZING!! Of course ill go a little further into detail with our stay so that you can kind of get a teeny bit more of an insight to what the resort is really like from Activities, Dining, Interior and overall expierience.

Colin and I are always very last minute, purely because if we plan anything in advance nearly 100% of the time something comes up and we end up having to cancel and then not gonna lie I end up sulking, so for both of us its just easier to book something last minute that way no one ends up been let down and I suppose its more exciting when its last minute.

 I am very fortunate in the way that I do get to spend quite a lot of time with Colin, on the other hand because we do get to see each other so often that sometimes we can take each other for granted so   I really do think its so important to get away every now and then to take some time out from the real world and literally just enjoy each others company.I was going to say get away to  put your feet up and relax but I don't think the word relax is In Colin's vocabulary, hence why we have barely any pictures together..

So last Monday we decided that we would just go for one night away and we choose the 5* Heritage Hotel in Killenard. If you were listening to my snaps earlier this week you would have known that in one way I am very fortunate that I am with someone who is so heavily involved and passionate about Golf purely because when we do tend to get away 99% of the time it has a golf course attached but on the other hand the Hotel that the golf course is on, is generally Top Quality, so I can't complain as its a win win situation as you can clearly see in the picture below that views, and location is breath taking.

I had never been to the Heritage hotel before but i had heard such great reviews so its was definitley at the top of our list to go to. We got a really good price for the night so off we went on Tuesday morning Bright and early. Of Course, I had completely over packed as per usual but then when we arrived I had forgotten half of the things that I actually needed and I had brought loads of unnecessary  clothes, realistically I was only gone for a night but sure you never know when you might have an outfit catastrophe, so its always better to be prepared.

When actually arrived 3 Hours before the check in time because Colin was due to go golfing but thankfully our room was ready when we arrived so it all worked out great as we had some time to chill before we headed out on the golf course. I never mind going out on the golf course when we are away because we always get a buggy- well Colin gets a buggy just to keep me quiet so that he can play in peace. I said on snapchat during the week that normally when we go away, theres always so much to do around the location of the hotel so we generally never get to relax.
The heritage is situated in a beautiful area, its kind of out in the middle of nowhere but for the first time ever I actually loved every minute of been out in the country side, saying that though there was still a far amount to do within the resort. Theres a play ground and fairy garden trail for the kids, the Golf Course, and Golf Practice area which is suitable for everyone and every age, and of course there is a Fabulous 5* Spa and swimming facilities too if you really want to relax and unwind- but to be honest you don't even have to leave your room to feel relaxed. The interior of the room is just GOALS, the room we stayed in which was their most standard basic room of all was my dream bedroom, so I can only imagine what the upper class rooms would look like.Our room was beautifully decorated, it had Complimentary robes and slippers, tea and coffee facilities, a mini fridge, Sky Channels, Netflix on the TV, a fabulous Bath and the worlds comfiest bed. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, when we retuned from dinner later that night, we arrived back to the butlers chocolates on the bed, thats an example of the extremes that they go to. Have a peak at our room below in the pictures, and you'll see exactly what I'm on about--->


Because we were so last minute I didn't actually book in for any treatments but we used the leisure facilities attached and I did have a peek at the Spa facilities and they were outstanding, the cleanliness, the atmosphere and the staff were second to non. The heritage itself is really suitable for everyone its such versatile hotel that offers so much for everyone of all ages, as I said its ideal for families with young kids, for couples. for a group of lads who want to go on a golf outing or for a group of girls who want a ladies day out at a Spa resort I honestly couldn't recommend it enough.

 I actually couldnt fault one single aspect of our stay at the Heritage and that is saying something for me, because ill Put my hadn't up and admit I am the PICKIEST person on earth, not when it comes to hotels but when it comes to dining in hotels. Of course thats no-ones fault but my own as I'm the one who is picky, Ive said it thousand of times before I, Caoimhe Hickey am the definition of a Plain Jane. We decided to eat at the Golf Clubhouse restaurant called "Judge Roy Beans" which over looked the 9th and 18th hole of the golf course which was absolutely stunning might I add. To Top it all off the Food was Out of this world, there wasn't a scrap of food left on both of our plates and thats a rare occurrence for me. Breakfast was served In the dining room of the Hotel the next morning and it also exceeded our expectations, we were treated like royalty. Once again so much to choose from which is extremely good when your as picky as me and they also had a wide range of Gluten free products for those who are Coeliac which was great to see . Colin and I enjoyed our food too much that I forgot to take a picture of the food so heres a picture of my outfit for Dinner ---->

Colin and I enjoyed our stay at the Heritage so much that we have decided that we will return their in the coming month to celebrate his 21st Birthday. If you are looking for somewhere to go for a break away from the real world I would definitely recommend looking into staying at the Heritage Killenard as I promise you will not be disappointed.

Once again apologies in the delay of uploading this post but life has been hectic, in a good way of course. Thats all for now, I hope you enjoyed reading about our time at the Heritage, if you have any other questions be sure to send me a message via Facebook or Snap me on "itsallaboutm.e".  I should have my Penney's Press Day blog post up on Sunday evening so be sure to stay tuned.

Until Next Time.
Much Love,

Caoimhe xx


No comments:

Post a Comment