Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

From ConfiDental To Confident



I have been bursting to tell you all about my trip to ConfiDental on Tuesday morning but I wanted to wait until I had the time to share every single detail with you. I posted a little sneak peek on Tuesday evening because I literally couldn’t wait. I was just so excited about my new smile. During my early teenage years when I was in and out of hospital I was so caught up with everything that I didn’t give my teeth the care that they needed, which I am still kicking myself for to date so as you can imagine as a result of neglecting my teeth I became so self-conscious! Apart from the fact that I didn’t look after my teeth I also had a massive fear of the dentist, and I honestly blame my fear of going to the dentist on the clinic that I attended when I was in primary school, I still have nightmares!!
Since winning the competition as a Fashion Reporter for Dublin Fashion Festival my teeth were on my mind 24/7 and it was preventing me from really looking forward to the Festival as all that was going through my head was “how will I be able to interview anyone with teeth like this”? Or “how will I be able to smile for photos” ? I know that it’s a first world problem but to me it was like the end of the world. This was the perfect opportunity for me to face my fear and treat myself to something that I have always wanted, which for me ,was to have nice teeth, as it’s the first thing I notice about someone.
I rang ConfiDental,at Castle Street in Cahir, on Monday afternoon, and they slotted me in for a Consultation on Tuesday morning at 10am.  I can barely remember walking in the door I was so nervous! Dr.Ryan Hennessy – who is the  Dentist and owner of ConfiDental told me what I needed to do with my teeth, in order to get them sorted in time for Dublin Fashion Festival. My first task ahead of the Dublin Fashion Festival was,to travel to Dublin on  Wednesday,( the day after my consultation) where I would be getting photos taken and  promo vidoes for the upcoming event.. I was expecting it to be 2-3 months before my teeth would be sorted but Ryan gave up his time off and fit me in for a later time Tuesday morning so that I would be happy with my teeth for Dublin which I can't thank him enough for.
My heart was literally pumping out of my chest when I sat down on the chair before he started the procedure, but 10 minutes into it I was extremely relaxed- Dentist and Relaxed were two words I honestly thought I would never put in the same sentence but after my experience in ConfiDental I am honestly a new woman. The only reason I wanted to get up off the chair throughout the appointment was to see the results and I’m not messing I was overwhelmed with the finished result other than that,  I was so relaxed which was really surprising as I contemplated running back down the stairs when I arrived first!!
 I have been asked did I get veneers by so many people since last Tuesday which is crazy. So here's what I actually got done and I don't think you'll believe me when you see the before and after photos.  Dr.Ryan Hennessy and his lovely assistant Danielle began my treatment by polishing my teeth, removing any stains visible before he worked on my front teeth which was where most of the damage was situated, over time a gap had formed in the back of my two front teeth and it discoloured causing me to have a dark staining which was HORRIFIC when I opened my mouth but Ryan saved the day and he filled in the damaged gap using a white filling.  I honestly never smiled because I was so embarrassed.  Ryan talked me through every single step of my treatment which made me so calm as I knew what to expect each time.  There’s nothing worse than having loads of metal tools in your mouth and not having a clue as to what’s going on!!
I was in two minds as to whether or not I'd share my before photo with all of you as I was so embarrassed when I had seen it but I really wanted to show you how much of a difference 45 minutes can make when you are left in the hands of a wonderful professional.  No word of a lie,  my treatment began at 12:00 and I was back in my house at 12:45 and here’s the difference.
My smile is still not perfect I have another few fix ups to do, and also I will be returning to Confidental to get my teeth whitened in the coming weeks so I can’t wait to share that experience with all of you. I would highly recommend anyone who was in my position and was 1. Petrified of the Dentist and 2. Extremely conscious of their teeth, to just bite the bullet and ring ConfiDental as soon as possible. I am gutted that I didn’t do it sooner as I would have been so much more confident than I was for the past few years.   As you can tell by this picture of me at my first meeting for Dublin Fashion Festival,  I am smiling from ear to ear in this photo to show of my new smile.
I never thought I’d see the day that I would look forward to returning to the Dentist for my next appointment. You can find ConfiDental on Facebook by clicking on this link -->ConfiDental you can also contact them on 052 7441111. I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. That’s all for now I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog post. Until next time.
Much Love,
Caoimhe  x


3 comments:

  1. You look simply beautiful; your self-confident smile will wow them at the Dublin Fashion Festival. How fortunate that you found a dentist who makes you feel relaxed, and I'm glad you have told others to go to the dentist, even if they are as petrified as you were. The results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether it be smiling in photos or simply having a conversation, teeth make their appearance often and frequently. Thankfully, my dentist office experience was friendly, safe, and effective. With their expertise in teeth, as well as knowing how important it is to have a great smile, I was happy after the dental work was complete, giving myself a big grin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You seem to have had such great work done on your teeth. It looks like the dentist really did a great job. You deserve the transformation after being almost swallowed whole by anxiety. I bet you will not be so nervous the next time around. Hoping to read more of your blogs in the future.

    ReplyDelete