Search This Blog

Sunday 16 October 2016

Dining at the Lava Rock..


As you might of known by now I had quite a lot to celebrate last weekend after receiving some really exciting news about my job with Fafinder (frockadvisor). Colin and I rarely ever go out to restaurants and sit down for dinner unless we have a special occasion ,for the simple reason that we rarely have the time  between work and sport. Last weekend we finally pulled ourselves together and decided to head out to the Lava Rock in Castle Street, Cahir to celebrate. I had only ever been there for lunch with my Mam and Colin had never been there before so we thankfully didn't have to have the whole "where will we eat? " argument and we both decided that the Lava Rock was the perfect choice. Those of you who know me, will know by now that I am possibly the fussiest person ever when it comes to food and I actually freak out about what will be on the menu that I would eat-  as I am the definition of a Plain Jane.

Firstly, something I loved about the Lava Rock was that the Menu is lit up with LED lights just outside the entrance to the Restaurant - which is ideal for someone as fussy as me as you can make your mind up before you go in and avoid the mortification. There's so many choices and variety on the menu between starters, main courses and desserts.  Personally, I was torn between 3 choices of main course - which is something that I find very rare for me when I go to a restaurant.
I am not a vegetarian but I am the worlds worst when it comes to meat- I'm just not a fan of it but I eat it on a rare occasion.   I had  heard so many people raving about Lava Rocks Homemade Chargrilled Beef burger which was served with Homemade cut chips so I decided to brave it and opt for that as my main course and Colin followed suit, and I can assure you that it lived up to the standards that I had set for it. One word A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to be honest that was the one word that I would use to sum up the whole dining experience..

We were served our food 20 minutes after ordering which we were so shocked about as everything is made to order.   The kitchen is situated at the top of the dining room so you can see the Chefs hard at work  creating your dishes, which was something that really impressed me as you could see how clean the kitchen surfaces and appliances were and how the hygiene of the staff was second to none. From the minute we stepped foot into the Restaurant we were given 5* treatment. Both of us literally couldn't pick out one single fault. The table plan is done in such a way that each table has their own privacy, you are not sitting on top of the people beside you in the next table, there is literally nothing worse than been able to hear the conversation beside you - so me been the unsociable person I am you can probably guess I was well impressed with the table plan. The staff were top notch on the night super friendly and helpful and lastly the most important bit the food was obviously absolutely out of this world, it's probably the first time I've ever cleared my plate, no exaggeration.

As party season is slowly approaching, I would highly recommend the Lava Rock for your party night destination. As I've said numerous times now,  I am possibly your worst nightmare of a customer as I am so picky so if you can impress me you are doing fairly alright. You can check out their Facebook by clicking on this link-->Lava Rock or you can check out their website -->Lava Rock where it has there menus online. That's all for this week I hope you enjoyed reading my post.
Until Next Time.
Much Love,
Caoimhe X










No comments:

Post a Comment